IEEE’s worldwide network of regions, chapters, affinity and support groups are all run by members; volunteers who offer their time and expertise to provide essential direction, leadership, guidance, development and support for the Section.
There are so many ways to get involved – either at a local or national level. From joining technical committees and mentoring young engineers to being part of the organisation of local and national events – there are opportunities for everyone.
- Join a Technical Committee, Affinity Group or Support and Initiative Group
- Get involved with organising events at local or national level such as the Members’ Open Day
- Become part of the Membership Development Team to support membership elevation
- Share your knowledge and experience as part of STEM activities
- Volunteer for speaking at events and as part of the Section’s new CPD resources
So what’s in it for you? There are real benefits to getting involved with IEEE:
- Improve your skill-set
- Develop a range of skills you would not necessarily learn in your day job
- Broaden your knowledge base in technical areas that may not otherwise be your primary focus
- Get involved with current debates on industry issues
- Discuss public and confidential matters with leading experts in the field
- Boost your career
- Build valuable relationships with other professionals
- Raise your professional profile
- Showcase your expertise and share knowledge with other professionals
Take an active role in IEEE and see the benefits firsthand.