These IEEE DEIS Summer Schools bring together young researchers to help them to be more successful in their research and careers. If you join the summer school:
- You will take part in inspiring creative discussions on challenging topics in the field of dielectrics and electrical insulation.
- You will develop techniques and methodologies for successful research.
- You will meet like-minded people from around the world and make plans for joint research work, you will present your work and write the framework for a journal paper.
- You will have the opportunity to organize a special session in an IEEE DEIS sponsored conference.
- You will leave with friends and research networks that survive beyond the summer school.
The summer school takes place this year in the historic county town of Monmouth in Wales, UK. Free transport is provided from London Heathrow airport and back. In this relaxed setting, you will be part of a group of about 30 PhD students and junior researchers and take part in creative sessions exploring timely topics in dielectrics research. As mentors who are experienced in the field of dielectrics and electrical insulation, we will stimulate and guide these sessions to give you the maximum opportunity to develop your skills.
It’s not all work and no play! So that you get to work well together, we’ll organise some social events as well. The local area includes options to canoe along the beautify river Wye, visit historic Chepstow castle, tour the world-famous Rockfield Recording Studio, experience the World’s fasted seated zip line, amongst … many others.
In this year’s summer school, we’re planning to consider the challenges to be faced with the development of high-voltage DC power cables and accessories.