Applications are invited from suitably experienced and UK and Ireland Industrial Electronics Chapter Members for the role of a Chapter Chair (IE-13).
The IES Chapter encompasses a diverse range of technical activities devoted to the application of electronics and electrical sciences for the enhancement of industrial and manufacturing processes. These technical activities address the latest developments in intelligent and computer control systems, robotics, factory communications and automation, flexible manufacturing, data acquisition and signal processing, vision systems, and power electronics.
The Chapter continually updates its programme of technical activities to meet the needs of modern industry in the UK and Ireland and acts as a facilitator to organise activities in the area of power electronics, control and electric drives as well as related industrial applications. It strives to promote two-way communication between the Industrial Electronics Society, its members and local industry. The IE-13 members are estimated as 600 in the UK and Ireland Section including university researchers and academic staff, researchers and practitioners. They benefit through a range of activities such as technical talks, meetings and exhibitions, annual dinners to exchange latest technological advances, improve collaborative links, career development and membership escalation.
The Chair is required to direct and drive the Chapter to greater heights and achievement.
The Chair will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that at least two technical meetings are conducted and reported in a calendar year.
- Recruit members and volunteers, provide leadership and guidance to them, mentor your successor, and ensure that Chapter activities are focused on increasing member engagement and satisfaction.
- Presides at meetings of the Chapter and the Chapter Committee.
- Operates the Chapter to maximize satisfaction of Chapter member needs with the resources available.
- Prepares reports of Chapter Activities for submission to the Section Secretary, Region and/or Society Chapter Coordinators.
- Ensure that the Chapter is in compliance with IEEE Policies and local regulations.
The Chair’s role typically requires 1-2 hours a week, and at peak periods over 3 hours per week, but most importantly, the role requires someone who will be accessible and available.
Apply for the Post
Please indicate your interest by sending a one-page statement of your interest, experience, dedicated time, and including a CV, to the IEEE UK & Ireland Section Nomination and Appointment Chair email@example.com
The closing date for this enquiry is 28 February 2022 and the successful applicant will be invited for an interview by 31 March 2022.