On Friday 6th December the IEEE UK & Ireland PES chapter had its 2019 General Annual Meeting (AGM) at Technology and Innovation Centre building of the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow.
The event offered also an online option to attend the AGM who helped other committee members and volunteers to join the meeting and take part in the decisions taken.
The first point in the agenda was the review of the activities and events organised over the year and lessons learned. This discussion also helped to prepare PES chapter 2019 report.
Second point was the committee elections and role assignment for period 2020. Find below the UK & Ireland PES Chapter Committee for 2020:
- Chair: Panagiotis Papadopoulos
- Vice Chair: Jianing Li
- Treasurer: Bo Jiang
- Secretary & Communications Officer: Eduardo Audiche
- Membership Development: Angeliki (Kelly) Loukatou
- Women in Engineering: Jelena Ponocko
- Industry Liaison: Peter Wall
- Volunteer: Alexandru Nechifor
- Volunteer: Kris Szajdzicki
- Past Chair: Ivan Castro Leon
The next two points discussed in the AGM were the programme plan 2020 and the discussion and preparation of the 2020 budget.
After accomplish AGM objectives the committee had the chance to walk around Glasgow centre and gather in a local restaurant to celebrate a successful year 2019 and welcome 2020!