The UK and Ireland chapter of PELS is pleased to be the joint sponsor of the 6th IEEE Southern Power Electronics Conference SPEC2021 which will be held at Kigali Marriott Hotel, Kigali, Rwanda from Monday 6 December 2021 to Thursday 9 December 2021 in hybrid form. The conference is also is joint sponsored by the host organisation, Kigali Collaborative Research Centre (KCRC), Kigali, Rwanda.
SPEC is the Power Electronics forum in the southern hemisphere for the exchange of knowledge on power electronics devices and applications with attendees from all over the world. During a four-day program, prominent researchers will present keynote speeches, tutorials and technical sessions on theory, analysis, design, testing and advances within the field of power electronics.
This is the first time SPEC comes to Africa, so it is an opportunity for African researchers, industrialists and students to interact with international counterparts to exchange the latest technological advances and applications in power electronics and networking to promote the discipline.
Papers will be presented via plenary sessions, oral presentations, poster sessions and discussion forums in-person and in virtual form. All presentations will be made available online to allow participants in different time zones to interact effectively. Special sessions on mentoring young engineers and women in engineering are featured in the conference.
Scope of the Conference
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Devices and components
- Device packaging and characterisation, new developments (WBG and others), modelling, passive components, device protection & reliability
- Power converters
- Converter design, modular multilevel converters, resonant and hf converters, WBG power electronics, EMI/EMC and hf phenomena
- Power Electronics in Electric Utilities
- Mini and micro grids, grid integration of renewable sources, HVDC and FACTS, DC grids, DC circuit breaker
- Energy Storage
- Batteries, supercapacitors, flywheel, energy management systems, second- life battery systems and applications. Energy storage for stand-alone and grid connected renewable energy systems.
- Power electronics and control for E-tractors, drones, all-electric aircraft and ship
- Motor drives and actuators
- Modelling, control and design of drives, robotic applications, industrial applications, servo drives, electric motor cycles
- Other related topics
- Power electronics education, hybrid teaching, data analytics, medical applications and cyber-physical aspects of power electronics
The deadline for the submission of the digest is 18 July 2021. For full information visit www.ieee-spec21.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org