Applications are invited from suitably experienced and qualified Section members for the role of an IEEE UK and Ireland STEM Chair.
IEEE UK and Ireland is the largest Section in Region 8, and one of the largest Sections outside the US. The Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Chair is required to lead STEM activities for the Section ensuring STEM remains active and vibrant in the Section and supporting the growing activities, services and outward engagement of the Section as a socially responsible enterprise in the UK and Ireland.
The post is nominally for a 2-year period, which may be extended by mutual agreement.
The STEM Chair is responsible for (but not limited to):
- Actively developing a strategy for engaging the Section membership in STEM activities;
- Liaising with STEMNet & Royal Academy of Engineering (RAE) initiatives and developing a collaboration plan;
- Organising national events, devising awards and competitions for the Section’s STEM activities;
- Developing, planing and budgeting for STEM activities in the Section;
- Seeking support from the Chapters, Affinity Groups and Section Officers as appropriate.
Candidates from Industry or Academia with experience of STEM, STEMNet, Higher Education, Fund Raising, Strategy and a passion for supporting schools and colleges in delivering talks, lectures and workshops to students on science and engineering are invited to join in this voluntary activity.
If you are interested please email your CV and Position Statement to the Section Assistance Secretary Mr Eduardo Audiche stating:
- Your background and involvement in IEEE and related activities;
- Experience in similar capacity and availability.
The closing date for this enquiry is 30th January 2020 and successful applicants will be notified by the Section Chair – Dr Mona Ghassemian.