Dear IEEE UKI Blockchain Group Members,
I would like to use this opportunity to welcome you all to the UK and Ireland Blockchain Group.
Following an eNotice circulated to the Section on 21st November 2018, am pleased to inform you that we now have over 100 members in a week. That’s quite astonishing. I am pleased we have all chosen to serve our Section through the Blockchain Group!
I would like to use this email to articulate the Group’s vision and outline a set of activities to be planned over the coming weeks and months ahead.
Just to reiterate, our Vision – is to become the most vibrant and active chapter in our Section dedicated to serving and providing member values. Membership to the UK&I Blockchain Group is free.
List of upcoming activities:
- Welcome and intro call to be scheduled Friday 14th December (Zoom conference call detail to follow via calendar invitation)
- Appointment of WG leads to steer the various Blockchain domains
- Communications with the Group are via:
- Agree on a tentative launch date for the Group
- Plan and advise dates for a series of lectures, seminars and workshops
- Inform you that the Group will be presenting a Blockchain workshop at the Cyber Science 2019, which will be held at the University of Oxford on June 3-4, 2019, URL https://www.cimric.com/conferences
Thank-you, and I look forward to welcoming you all at the online conference call on Friday 14th December, and in the meantime if you have any suggestions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr Cyril Onwubiko
Secretary – IEEE UK & Ireland
Chair – IEEE UK & Ireland Blockchain Group
Lead – IEEE Blockchain Education Workshop SubCommittee