The membership benefit that pays.
No one knows how beneficial IEEE membership is to technical and career development better than IEEE members.
Consider sharing your IEEE membership experience and get rewarded for doing so. Through the Member-Get-a-Member (MGM) program, IEEE rewards your efforts in recruiting new members. Your local IEEE Section can also benefit
MGM awards for the 2017 membership year (recruiting activity from 16 August 2016 to 15 August 2017) will be sent by 1 October, 2017 to the email address on your member record. Please ensure your email address is up to date in your profile to ensure you receive this and other important membership information.
- Invite a prospective colleague/student to attend an IEEE Section/Chapter/Branch meeting to experience first-hand the professional benefits of IEEE membership.
- Start a discussion about IEEE membership, emphasizing the benefits and value; be sure to provide a brochure and/or application information.
- Keep issues of IEEE Spectrum, IEEE Potentials, and IEEE Society publications on display to attract the eyes of potential new members.
- Publish an article in your company or university publications explaining how IEEE helped you.
- Post announcements of IEEE meetings/conferences.
- Welcome your company/university’s newly hired or enrolled individuals; use the opportunity to discuss IEEE.
- When discussing membership with a prospect, listen for clues as to what they look for in a professional society. Stress those member benefits that meet their needs.
- Coordinate an event at your place of employment.
- Keep a record of the name and membership number of all recruited member(s).