The R2i-2017 Innovation Workshop will provide an opportunity for university researchers, research & development companies and institutional research centres to a forum of industry and business attendees who may be impressed sufficiently to become involved with the researcher in exploiting the innovation. This event will bridge the gap between industry and research, allowing organisations to:
- Showcase innovative electronics research and highlight its potential value to Irish and UK industry
- Identify resources or competence in specific areas
- Find specialists to support further or related research
- Bridge skills gaps by discovering graduates to employ, second or sponsor
This innovative workshop builds on previous such initiatives at which researchers presented forty high impact presentations of five-minute illustrated narratives of their research achievements. Each of four sessions was led by a keynote presentation relevant to the potential for commercialisation of research and its impact.
The Keynotes at R2i-2017:
Dr Tom Rowbotham, IEEE Life Fellow, Partner at Vesbridge Venture Capitalists. Tom will give guidance on how to prepare & seek business funding”.
Stephen McNulty, Chief Executive Officer, AmbiSense – providing disruptive technology in environmental monitoring and IoT. Stephen will talk about his experience as an entrepreneur, identifying a market opportunity and working with university researchers to spin-out AmbiSense.
Geraldine Andrieux Gustin, CEO of BLUMORPHO, an innovation accelerator company and business maker for innovation. Geraldine’s will address innovation acceleration and business creation.
Paul Murray, Investment Director, Atlantic Bridge Capital. Atlantic Bridge invests in technology companies in Europe, the US and China. The Fund focuses primarily at the expansion capital and growth equity stages.
The topics covered will include:
- Semiconductor technologies, photonics technologies, microwaves & communications
- Printed & plastic and PCB & assembly
- DfX, IoT for technologies and renewables, sustainability and related power management
- Medical Devices & Packaging, sensors & Microsystems and additive manufacturing
In addition, visitors can discuss the presenter’s static Poster Display during the events substantial networking time. Breakout facilities will be available for private discussions
The Workshop also includes awards sponsored by the Hosts and Supporting Companies.