IEEE WIE UKI is dedicated to promoting female engineers and scientists and inspiring girls to follow their academic interests to a career in engineering. Women in engineers will face challenges and will be looking for opportunities at every point in their life and career. The IEEE WIE Ambassadors’ Scheme is taking the initiative to encourage females to face the challenges and show them that there is always lots of opportunities and ways to achieve their goals.
In the “Challenges and Opportunities: Towards Better WIE Future” workshop, female engineers will tell us about the challenges they faced and how they overcame them. This will help others to learn by example from other expert engineers and help them on their journey. Professional female engineers from academia and industry will tell us about the different opportunities which will empower us to pursue further opportunities in the different areas of interest. Male engineers will show how they support women in their career and how they can be role models for others to advance women in technology.
- Build connection between the engineers and industrial and academic experts
- Knowing that facing the challenges is a step towards success
- How to find opportunities and benefit from them
- Develop effective networking and business relationship-building
- Women in Engineering by Dr Annabel Latham
- Women Engineers – Challenges and Opportunities with IEEE by Susan K. Land
- Opportunities in the Higher Education Sector for Women by Prof. Amir Alani
- Empowering Women in Engineering by Dr Maysam F Abbod
- Diversity and Networking Through Professional Organisations by Ruth Lennon
- Being Resilient and Steadfast in Tech by Ifey Njoku