The Internet of Things (IoT) and Edge Computing have become an integral part of the Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) for systems scalability. CPS is the backbone of several mission-critical applications such as smart health, disaster management, and smart cities; where many of them demand decentralised security for system scalability.
Blockchain is the best solution in the current time for decentralised security; however, integrating blockchain with IoT is not straightforward due to the properties of blockchain and features of IoT. This demands thorough research and development for sustainable and secure system design.
This talk will cover the following topics:
- The current drawbacks of blockchain in IoT
- Blockchain consensus designing
- How does AI strengthen the blockchain for scalability and end-to-end security
- Experimental results of real-time testbed
- When do we need the blockchain?
- Discussion of future potential
Presenter: Deepak Puthal, Khalifa University, UAE