2021 IEEE EMC+SIPI and EMC Europe Virtual Symposium – Best Student Paper Candidate Competition
Congratulations to the Best Student Paper Candidates at the upcoming 2021 JOINT IEEE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPATIBILITY, SIGNAL & POWER INTEGRITY, AND EMC EUROPE to be held virtually from July 26 – August 20. Join us for this special event brought to you by the Young Professionals of the IEEE EMC Society. All IEEE members and non-members are welcome to attend. There is no fee to attend, but you must register in advance!
You’re invited to participate in our Best Student Paper Candidate 5-Minute Webinar Competition & Social Event!
At the 2020 IEEE EMC Society’s symposium, we held a 5-Minute Webinar Competition in which some of the Best Paper candidates shared their work in 5 minutes or less, followed by an audience vote for their favourite condensed presentation. Here is the link to view last year’s webinar for best symposium paper candidates in case you would like to see how this worked. This year, we will hold a similar event with the BEST STUDENT PAPER CANDIDATES (see candidates below – participating authors to be announced shortly).
Prospective employers looking to hire new talent may be interested in seeing the best and brightest of our EMC and Signal/Power Integrity students from around the world present their latest research.
After the LIVE voting occurs for the best presentation, time is allowed for a short social event to network and discuss future work with one another, if desired. Patrick DeRoy, Chair of the Young Professionals EMC, will also share some information on the IEEE Young Professionals (YP) within EMC Society.
We plan to record the event and make this available on the EMC Society website, with the other on-demand content here.
Please note, this competition on July 30 is independent of the Best Student Paper Award, which is announced at the Awards Ceremony on Tuesday, August 17th from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm EDT. Visit the symposium website for more information on the Awards Ceremony, Registration, Technical Program and more!! www.emc2021.org
2021 Best Student Paper Candidates
- Design and Analysis of On-package Inductor of an Integrated Voltage Regulator for High-Q Factor and EMI Shielding in Active Interposer Based 2.5D/3D ICs By S. Kim et al, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Daejeon, Korea
- Continuous Time Model of Current Mode Buck Converter with Adaptive On-time Controller for Power Delivery Network Design By A. Huang et al, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, Missouri, USA
- Far-End Crosstalk Analysis for Stripline with Inhomogeneous Dielectric Layers (IDL) By Y. Liu et al, EMC Laboratory, EMC Laboratory, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, Missouri, USA
- Decoupling Capacitor Optimization to Achieve Target Impedance in PCB PDN Design By S. Liang, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, Missouri, USA
- A Modified Genetic Algorithm for the Selection of Decoupling Capacitors in PDN Design By J. Juang et al, EMC Laboratory, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, Missouri, USA
- Gaussian Process Regression Analysis of Passive Intermodulation Level and DCR for Spring Contacts By S. Xia et al, EMC Lab, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, Missouri, USA
- Radiated Emission Tests for High-frequency Router Systems in Class A: Discussion and Improvement By W. Zhang et al, EMC Laboratory, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, Missouri, USA
- Non-invasive Optimal Coupling Upon Detection of a Local Change of Impedance in a Cable Network By K.B. YEO, Institut d’Electronique et de Telecommunications de Rennes, Rennes, Bretagne, France
- SEED Modeling of an ESD Gun Discharge to a USB Cable Surrogate By Y. Xu et al, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, Missouri, USA
- Optimization of PDN decoupling capacitors for EMI Reduction Based on Deep Reinforcement Learning By C. Lee et al, EE, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), Ulsan, Korea
- Multi-Output Variable-Fidelity Bayesian Optimization of a Common Mode Choke By R.S. Rezende et al, Theoretische Elektrotechnik, Technische Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany