A 1-day workshop is arranged as part of ongoing Newton Fund project “5G for disaster and emergency management”.
To extend the scope of the workshop, external speakers from different areas of expertise are invited to give talks. Talks will be focusing on 5G with the following relevant topics/applications (but not limited to):
The invited speakers presenting during the workshop include:
1. Prof. Jinho Choi, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Korea (http://ccl.gist.ac.kr/?page_id=91)
2. Prof. John Cosmas, Brunel University, “5G and the Internet of Radio Light” (http://www.brunel.ac.uk/people/john-cosmas/phd-topics)
3. Dr. Giuseppe Destino, Kings College London, “5G Positioning” (http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~destino/)
4. Dr. Glenford Mapp, “Issues and Possible Solutions for Developing the Connected Vehicle Environment”
5. Dr. Huan Nguyen/TuanLe/Mohsin/Mehmet, MDX Team “5G/D2D for Disaster and Emergency Management”
6. Dr. Fadi Al-Turjman, Middle East Technical University, Turkey (https://ncc.metu.edu.tr/fadi-al-turjman)
7. Prof. Mohammad Patwary, Birmingham City University (https://www.bcu.ac.uk/computing/about-us/our-staff/mohammad-patwary)
8. Dr. Francesco Fioranelli, Glasgow University (https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/engineering/staff/francescofioranelli/)
9. Prof. George Ghinea, Brunel University, “5G Virtualization” (http://www.brunel.ac.uk/people/george-ghinea)
10. Dr. Duc To, VIAVI Solutions, (https://www.linkedin.com/in/duc-to-a57b9835/)
There will be a poster session for PhD students during the lunch time. Current PhD students in the UK are welcome to register for the event either as a participant or as a poster presenter.
Six travel grants sponsored by IEEE ComSoc UK and Ireland (£200 each) will be provided for six PhD students selected from those presenting the posters. The last date for submission of the poster is June 5, 2018.
To apply for poster session and travel grant please click here.
The workshop also aims at promoting any potential research/funding collaboration. Calls for participants to another fully funded ”5G workshop” in October 2018 and the ICT’19 conference will also be discussed.