The IEEE UK and Ireland Power and Energy Society Chapter held its Annual General Meeting (AGM 2022) on Tuesday December 6, 2022. The AGM was a hybrid event via Zoom and in the Sir Frederick Mappin Building, Sheffield. Many thanks to the University of Sheffield IEEE Student Branch (chaired by Yinka Leo Ogundiran) for providing the meeting venue.
After the welcomes and introductions, the Chair (Dr Jianing Li) started the event by reviewing the activities and events organised over the year and lessons learned, congratulating the team for their achievements.
Then the event promotions, finance and statistics were presented by corresponding committee officers, Rosa Serrano, Jelena Ponocko and Lee Crudgington, respectively. Finally, in the plan for 2023, the Women in Power events, technical visits and the Best PhD Thesis Presentation Competition were highlighted.
The AGM carried on with the committee elections and role assignments for 2023. The newly elected committee officers are as below:
- Chair: Eduardo Audiche, E-TEC Power Management Ltd.
- Vice-Chair: Jelena Ponocko, Scottish Power
- Secretary: Lee Crudgington, University of Southampton
- Treasurer: Rosa Serrano, University of Manchester
- Industry Liaison Officer: Daniel Donaldson, University of Birmingham
- Women in Power Officer: Angeliki Loukatou, National Grid ESO
- Communications Officer: Nan Chen, University of Birmingham
The final session of this AGM was the award presentation, followed by a networking chat with refreshments.
The IEEE PES UK&I Section won two awards in 2022, as shown below:
- Outstanding Chapter Award: Runner-up. News here: https://www.ieee-ukandireland.org/2021-outstanding-chapter-runners-up-award-ieee-uk-and-ireland-power-and-energy-society-chapter/
- PES High-Performance Chapter Program Award
Finally, two awards were presented to individuals:
- Outstanding Chapter Volunteer Award 2022 – Rosa Serrano
- Outstanding Engineer Award 2022 – Francisco Gonzalez-Longatt
More details on the awards and recipients can be found here.