IEEE IHTC 2021 wishes to invite submissions for Full Paper Presentations and Short Paper Presentations by 31 July and nominations for thematic reviewers by 30 June.
IEEE IHTC 2021 takes place in R8 as a Virtual Conference this year, organised by Volunteers from IEEE UK and Ireland Section (UK and Ireland SIGHT, UK and Ireland SSIT, SSIT IST-Africa SIGHT) as well as Region 8, Region 7, Region 9, SMC and Systems Council Chapters, and Technical Co-Sponsored by IEEE Africa Council.
Call for Thematic Reviewers
If you are an experienced conference or journal reviewer with the necessary technical, professional or research expertise to address one or more of the conference themes, please complete the application form at https://www.ihtc21.org.uk/ihtc-2021-committee/ and volunteer to review paper submissions and provide actionable, constructive feedback to authors.
The IEEE International Humanitarian Technology Conference (IEEE IHTC) is an interdisciplinary conference showcasing challenges, success stories, lessons learnt, case studies and technological innovation related to achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), ICT4D and the application of Humanitarian Technologies (including Disaster Relief and Disaster Recovery) and facilitating engagement by stakeholders from the public, private, education and research and societal sectors around the world.
Call for Participation
Submissions are invited for Short Paper Presentation (3- 4 pages sharing early stage results) or Full Paper Presentation (up to 8 pages sharing mature results) by 31 July 2021
Please download the paper guidelines and IEEE Paper templates from https://www.ihtc21.org.uk/call-for-participation/
Submit pdf files for blind peer review at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ieee_ihtc_2021
Papers must present analysis of initial or final research results or an analytical case study. It is important to highlight actual or expected impact as well as the level of innovation. General project descriptions or project proposals will not be assigned for review. It is necessary for papers submitted to include new elements that have not previously been published to warrant inclusion in the conference proceedings.
See https://www.ihtc21.org.uk/call-for-participation/ for Paper Guidelines and Paper Template.
Each presenter can present ONE paper or Oral Presentation in the Programme. It is necessary for papers or Oral Presentations to be presented by an original author / co-author who will also answer questions during the event to facilitate inclusion in the Conference Proceedings.
Relevant thematic areas include but are not limited to:
- Technologies for poverty alleviation, ending hunger, achieving food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture (SDG 1, 2)
- Technologies for ensuring healthy lives and promoting well-being for all at all ages (SDG 3).
- Technologies to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promoting lifelong learning opportunities for all (SDG 4) including Humanitarian and sustainable engineering programs, educational technologies, course material, curricula
- Technologies to ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all (SDG 6).
- Technologies to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all (SDG 7).
- Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable (SDG 11).
- Technologies to combat climate change and its impacts (SDG 13).
- Community engagement; social and economic factors in humanitarian engineering
- Ethical, Societal, Privacy and Security considerations in the co-design, implementation and deployment of Sustainable Development, ICT4D and Humanitarian Technologies
- Technologies to specifically assist in disaster mitigation, management, relief, and recovery.
- Technologies for effective management of refugees, sustainable (re)settlements and integration.
- Supporting Implementation of Other SDGs
Please visit https://www.ihtc21.org.uk/ihtc-2021-committee/ for information on conference officers.
For further Information, please contact:
We look forward to your submissions.
Prof Ali Hessami and Prof Paul M Cunningham, IEEE IHTC 2021, Conference Chairs
IEEE IHTC 2021, 02 – 04 December 2021