IEEE Members in the United Kingdom and Ireland Section are invited to apply for the post of Section Secretary for 2017 and 2018. The post is nominally for a 2 year period, which may be extended by mutual agreement however, in view of the desire of the current Secretary to step down due to a major work commitment, the successful candidate is expected to assume the role after the election process.
Applicants are expected to be familiar with the IEEE organisation and the different roles and responsibilities of Chapter Chairs and Officers in the Section. The role and key responsibilities are given below.
The Section Secretary shall be responsive to stakeholder enquiries and maintain the records of the Section and of the Section Executive Committee. He/she shall have excellent communication skill and make such reports of his/her activities as may be required by the IEEE Executive Committee and oversee Standing Committees as directed by the Chair.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to and direct enquiries to the Chair and relevant officers in the section where appropriate.
- Make arrangements and distribute agenda/notices for all Section meetings.
- Accurately and independently record minutes of all Section meetings.
- Report all Section and subunit meetings online and to the IEEE Region 8 within the stated deadlines.
- Maintain all Section records preferably online.
- Notify the IEEE Region 8 of all changes in Section and subunit Officers.
- Present a Secretary’s Report at Section Meetings.
- Maintain an adequate supply of all forms, stationary, and other materials required by the Section.
- Comply with the MGA rules and duties for the role.
- Submit Section Bylaws to the IEEE Region 8 and report any revisions to be made to them.
If you are interested in applying for the post of UK & Ireland Section Secretary, please email an application to Dr Lai Bun Lok at firstname.lastname@example.org stating:
- your background and involvement in IEEE activities,
- vision and innovations that you will bring to the role and the Section,
- how you would handle the demands of the role and stakeholders,
- experience in similar capacity, team-work and availability.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 12th October, 2016.
A ballot will be held for all qualified applicants.