Applications are invited from suitably experienced and qualified Section members for the role of an IEEE UK and Ireland STEM and Education Activity Officer.
IEEE UK and Ireland is the largest Section in Region 8, and one of the largest Sections outside the US. The Education Activity Chair is required to lead Science Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) activities for the Section ensuring STEM remains active and vibrant in the Section and supporting the growing activities, services and outward engagement of the Section as a socially responsible enterprise in the UK and Ireland.
The post is nominally for a 2-year period, which may be extended by mutual agreement.
The Education Activity Officer responsibilities are (but not limited to):
- Actively develop a strategy for engaging the Section membership in STEM activities;
- Liaise with STEMNet & Royal Academy of Engineering (RAE) initiatives and develop a collaboration plan;
- Organise national events, devise awards and competitions for the Section’s STEM activities;
- Develop plan and budget for STEM activities in the Section; and
- Seek support from the Chapters, Affinity Groups and Section Officers as appropriate.
Candidates from Industry or Academia with experience of STEM, STEMNet, Higher Education, fundraising, strategy and a passion for supporting schools and colleges in delivering talks, lectures and workshops to students on science and engineering are invited to join in this voluntary activity.
If you are interested please email your CV and a Position Statement to the Section Nomination and Appointment chair- Prof Ali Hessami at email@example.com stating your:
- Background and involvement in IEEE and related activities;
- Experience in similar capacities;
The closing date for applications is 30th August 2020 and successful applicants will be notified by the Section Chair – Dr Mona Ghassemian.