IEEE UK and Ireland Section are advertising roles for membership of a STEM committee to support the growing activities, services and outward engagement of the Section as a socially responsible enterprise in the UK and Ireland. The post is nominally for a 2 year period, which may be extended by mutual agreement.
This committee seeks to:
- Actively develop a strategy for engaging the Section membership in STEM activities;
- Liaise with STEMNet & Royal Academy of Engineering (RAE) initiatives and develop a collaboration plan;
- Organise national events, devise awards and competitions for the Section’s STEM activities;
- Develop plan and budget for STEM activities in the Section;
- Seek support from the Chapters, Affinity Groups and Section Officers as appropriate.
Candidates from Industry or Academia with experience of STEM, STEMNet, higher education, fund raising, strategy and a passion for supporting schools and colleges in delivering talks, lectures and workshops to students on science and engineering are invited to join in this voluntary activity.If you are interested please email your (brief) to Prof. M. M. De Souza ([email protected]) stating:
- Your background and involvement in IEEE and related activities
- Experience in similar capacity and availability.
Please reply by Friday 24th February 2017.